Squid Game's Dalgona Candy
Recipe inspired by Squid Game + NY Times Cooking
Ingredients + Tools
- Metal ladle
- Sheet of oiled parchment paper
- Small skillet or saucepan
- Wooden or metal chopstick
- One heaping tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of baking soda
1. Add the sugar and the baking soda to the ladle and heat over a gas stove flame or other heat source, stirring consistently. The sugar will turn a caramel color and become sticky.
2. Pour onto the parchment and allow to cool for a moment.
3. Press the cookie cutter of your choice into the round, flat surface of the candy to create the shape.